Big question: What impact will the cancelation have on ABC’s bottom line?
Roseanne garnered 4X the volume of social media reactions during this past season compared to the next closest show (Brooklyn Nine Nine).
There was ≈ $40M of revenue from 4.3B video ad impressions between the new season and reruns. 500+ different brands bought ads.
Top 15 non-sports shows by $/spot:
1) The Walking Dead* (AMC) — $415K
2) This is Us (NBC) — $394K
3) Empire (Fox) — $294K
4) Big Bang Theory (Monday) (CBS) — $294K
5) Big Bang Theory (Thursday) (CBS) — $255K
6) The Voice (Monday) (NBC) — $233K
7) The Voice (Tuesday) (NBC) — $219K
8) Fear The Walking Dead* (AMC) — $208K
9) Modern Family (ABC) — $206K
10) Grey’s Anatomy (ABC) — $184K
11) Saturday Night Live (NBC) — $184K
12) American Idol (ABC) — $180K
13) Roseanne (ABC) — $176K
14) Young Sheldon (CBS) — $172K
15) Will & Grace (NBC) — $171K
High point: 3% of all TV households tuned into the premiere.
That did not last: Viewership declined 44% between the premier and finale.
h/t: Matthew Ball: